Saturday, February 18, 2012

Are You Having Fun??

Is she having fun? Are you having fun? These are questions I hear quite often. I guess I don't express or show that I'm having fun in class, but I am enjoying myself and I actually do like going. What started as something to do just to get more time with my husband and get out of the house has become a welcome change up to my week. While I still mostly go to get time with Alec I've found I'm enjoying myself more than I did at the first class and more than I thought I would. I don't know if I'll ever be as crazy about martial arts as others in the class are, but I do think it's fun and I can see myself improving, even if it's just that I can remember the name of a technique!
I think what makes going to Dynamic Edge enjoyable is the people. From instructors to other students everyone just has a good time and they're really encouraging. I think that's important to find when you're training with others. There are nights I show up after work, (and I walk to the school most nights so it's an hour walk!), and I really don't feel like doing anything, but once the class gets going I start feeling better. I'm not saying that I'm 100% motivated the entire time, I mean I'm not a robot! But even on those nights when I'm not feeling it, just being around the environment makes me feel better and gets me a little more motivated.
So, to sum it up. Yes, I'm having fun. Do you have fun with your hobbies? What keeps you motivated?
Until next time!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment