I hope that by doing the blog and video logs it will encourage beginners to stick with their martial art.
I'm currently studying American Kenpo Karate and that might not be your style, but I think we can still encourage each other to continue on in our learning experiences. If you've taken lessons before maybe it will inspire you to pick up on your lessons again.
So, now you know why I do this, but maybe you wonder how it came about.
It started with a conversation my husband, Alec, had with his instructor/boss, Theron. Theron told Alec he wished he could show students and potential students how they would look in three years if they just stuck with the program, like looking through a window at themselves. Later, Alec met me for lunch and was telling me about the talk they had. From that conversation is where project Experience the Rainbow was conceived. I had the idea of getting a new student with no prior martial arts experience and making videos of them for three years and showing students how it looks starting out and then how they look a little ways down the road. Alec liked the idea, but then posed the question of "Where do we find that student?" I said I would do it. I want to get in shape, be more active, and spend more time with my husband. This project is the perfect way to do all those things. I will be completely honest in saying I'm not a die hard martial arts person, I started this mostly as a way to spend time with Alec. Now that I've been going to the Kenpo classes I find that I'm having a lot fun doing it. So, it's a fun way to spend more time with him.
What about the name? I decided to call this project Experience the Rainbow because of the different belt colors. I'm not sure why there are so many, but it made for a great name! In another post I will be sure to get a picture up!
I have a lot of questions about karate and other styles, but I think those will be left for the next blog, as this is only an introduction. We are also working on getting a Youtube channel up so we can show my monthly progress. It's on the way so be on the look out at Karate Beckah on Facebook.
No comments:
Post a Comment